Why Share the Gospel Online?

Now all of you know that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are constantly reminded and encouraged continually to share the gospel with others. The Church is always looking for the most effective ways to declare our message... may I ask you to join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and explain in simple, clear terms the message of Restoration. Most of you already know that if you have access to the Internet you can start a blog in minutes and begin sharing what you know to be true.

-Elder M. Russell Ballard
December 15, 2007 BYU Hawaii

Monday, May 12, 2008

(More) Tender Mercies

It seems like every time I feel like I am at the end of my rope, Heavenly Father lifts me up by helping me be aware of my blessings. I had a pretty rough week, and just when I felt like I was going to lose it, my husband plans a wonderful, relaxing weekend for me. I was bracing myself for re-entrance to real life, when this morning I came across a scripture that gave me strength and motivation to not shirk my responsibilities and recommit myself to trying a little harder.

Alma 36:3
"...Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

No matter what our trials, toubles, or afflictions may be, if we put the Lord's will first and trust in His love for us we can find the strength and happiness we need to keep going.

5 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is great! It seems as though it happens that way a lot, you think you can't take one more thing and then something happens and it hits your "reset" button and you are able to go on with life! Way to help out on that one Barlow!

Barlow said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord is really watching out for us. I have been having computer trouble recently, which was really really frustrating (especially because EVERYTHING in that computer is new, even the case). Anyway, it turns out to be a blessing (still frustrating too). For some reason, having computer trouble made me think about where my priorities are. I have not been studying the scriptures like I should, I have not been working out, and I have not been spending the time I need to with my family. I have put computers on the back burner for now. I will have to fix it because I have a website contract out right now, but I will make sure that God comes first. One of those tender mercies.

Brenda said...

What a great thought. It is funny to me how quickly we "forget the Lord our God" But how simply we can be reminded of His love. Thanks for the reminder.

Charlotte said...

That is such a great lesson to learn while your kids are still young! I have always loved recognizing the Lord's tender mercies. That talk from Elder Bednar a couple of years ago has really made me aware. More like it put the right words to what I had always felt.

I have often reached the end of my resevoir. I remember praying at church during sacrament once that I had nothing left and couldn't go on. AS soon as Sacrament ended a woman I had never spoken to came over and asked if she could sit with my kids so I could take out a screaming Joseph. Then, after I went out, another woman came out and asked if she could take Joseph so I couuld listen to the meeting. At that moment I knew my prayers were answered and I was never truely alone. It has happened over and over again.

Boyer Family said...

I have also noticed that the Lord will not test us beyond that which we are able but he will push us to that very point so that we can learn what we are capable of. This year has been the hardest year of my entire life. It seems every week something comes us that adds to my load and yet we have NEVER gone without. Even with the monster bills we have had coming in from Madison and Dallin we have always had a way to take care of them and we have always had enough to pay our other bills. And I have also always found the mental and spiritual help I have needed.
The Lord has tried our family but I can tell you that I am stronger and closer to him because of it and that makes it worth it.