Why Share the Gospel Online?

Now all of you know that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are constantly reminded and encouraged continually to share the gospel with others. The Church is always looking for the most effective ways to declare our message... may I ask you to join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and explain in simple, clear terms the message of Restoration. Most of you already know that if you have access to the Internet you can start a blog in minutes and begin sharing what you know to be true.

-Elder M. Russell Ballard
December 15, 2007 BYU Hawaii

Friday, May 16, 2008

Where am I in my life??

This week Ken and I have been reading about Moroni. I have always been amazed at him being made captain of their armies (and not only being made captain, but doing such a dang good job of it) at age 25. Last night we read the scripture Alma 48:17 "Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." This got me thinking, so Ken and I figured out that Moroni was 27 when this was written. Now, I am 27 years old. I look at my life and think about what someone might substitute there for me. Have I lived a good life thus far? Do the very powers of hell shake because I am a good person doing what I should? It continues on to say that the sons of Mosiah are just as good because of the great missionary work they did. Am I doing my best with that same missionary work? It made me really think about what I have made priorities in my life and maybe some things I can change to do better.
"If all women had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Kim behold peopld would save some money on groceries and get good deals, especially at CVS." (that is joke, by the way...hopefully not too sacreligous)

2 comments:

Boyer Family said...

That scripture has always amazed me. I know that we shouldn't do things just for others to see but that doesn't change the fact that others see what we are doing. I often ponder what others see in me. I am so glad that we have the time in this life to change and grow. That we can evaluate our lives once in a while and change for the better.
I am grateful for good examples. I have a friend who has taught me so much. She had a baby 4 days before me but insisted on being one of the ones to bring dinner in to us. She brouht dinner in again a few days later after Madison had surgery. She has remember when Madison has had all of her appointments (which was once or twice a week a few months ago) and she always called to make sure I was okay afterward. I have never had such a good friend and it has made me try to be better and more aware of those around me.
I am glad I have one things straight in life, that I shop deals at CVS :)

Charlotte said...

I have thought a lot about what I am doing in my life. What got me thinking was Helaman 10:4 about Nephi:

". . .And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments."

I think I can (and will) work at it my entire life and still not be able to say I have not sought after my own life. I have started asking myself, am I seeking my way or the Fathers?